Saturday 27 April 2013

30 Day Challenge: Day 3

Your day in great detail


Be warned, this is my day on the 26th April, something resembling a day off, and has a lot of type and thoughts. Its thesis worthy!

Alarm-11AM rings, hit the dismiss button, and my eyes struggle to stay open.

So I appear, walking through my old secondary school, through the busiest corridor. I see the students have all stood up and stayed still and silent with an exception;one boy is being harassed by a teacher. He simply needed to leave early because he had football later. I stand against her, saying what he is doing is better than taking drugs or drink, something the students staying in the school have been doing.

Instantly I am climbing the schools front wall, with an odd stumble too. Possibly weak brickwork. I swing off a tree branch and leap off to the pavement below. I meet an attractive woman, Rachel. I haven't seen her in years, and she wants to hear about whats happened over the years. I chase after her, but she is a quick sprite of a woman.
I eventually find her, in an exaggerated sized pub, reminiscent of older style Irish pubs.

I explore it, finding two of my college friends as well as my parents. They go outside to a courtyard where a presentation is about to be held. I attempt to hide from the presentation in fear, running back from the courtyard into the pub, the woodwork interior feeling much more welcoming. I run up a flight of stairs. At the top is my project supervisor. Stunned, I fly backwards, in slow motion, all the way down the stairs and with my supervisor always in sight from the start of the fall to the landing on my spine.

I wake up. It is 2PM, with sun shining through my blinds. I could have done so much more with those three hours!

I walk down the hall, and close my bathroom door softly. I take a piss with the bright sunlight against my skin. A tricky feat for first time of the day, with my left arm occupied with my notebook and pen, and my right holding the shaft. Just as it ends the wind blows in from the top window, blowing the door wide open. At least noone is there to catch me.

A facewash and handwash later, and a glance in the mirror for good measure before internet time. A quick scan for social updates while my electric disco playlist is up and running on spotify.


And to exercise: 5 sets of solid pushups. 16, 18, 13, 13, 20+ today, with 120 second gaps. All the while I am downing water, lest I die halfway through, shambolic fitness level, but that is what the challenge is for. A bit more electric disco while at it & during gaps staring out the window.

May as well stroke tiger for a bit, follow him to the kitchen and feed him.


Talk to an attractive woman on facebook chat. Stuff like changing the past is in conversation. Would you do it knowing this timeline no longer exists? Your friends, lovers, work, gone. Brightening the thoughts, I play Shapeshifters-Lola's theme on the MP3 player. Porridge and OJ for food, pretty bland but OK.


Collecting some change in the shops, straight out the door. A surprisingly chilly, yet sunny day. Wind blows south and clouds are mixing it u...wait
Sister calls me in to a quick chore, holding a paintbrush... OK, NOW back out the door!

A routine walk with my hood not up surprisingly. I vault over a small wall before entering the local school. Kids are playing football, this time with girls in the team.

I pass this church, and wonder if I will have the balls to climb to the top some day

The traffic is pretty busy near the shopping centre, cyclists stay by the lights waiting for the green, a woman rushes across anyway, even in the face of a small van. I wait while listening to some Stealers Wheel.

At the shops I unload my change into the machine, the jingles inside calculating a number. I get €6.50, not bad for shrapnel.

A quick April drizzle hits as I return home. For some reason I brought €20 with me, something I was not going to spend here anyway. I am amused somewhat by it while Fion-This Way plays through my white earbuds. Traffic appears to be getting busier, with some examples being an abundance of learner drivers, and narrow roads being blocked by cars parked on both sides. As I arrive home, I notice tulips growing from what used to be a dry dead bed. Its a neat little thing to see something so beautiful grow out of something harsh.

Time for a good long shower. The bathroom is pretty warm for once. The ambience encourages me to strip down and admire my figure, shy as I am. You are only young once, and women will not want it if you are ancient!

The usual LAD shower, cock and balls followed by everything else. No shampoo around though, conditioner day? One bloody shave later and it is time to get a good shirt on. Hopefully I am not overdressed. By now its quarter to six. In a grey stripy shirt, good dark jeans and white runners, with the aroma of Tommy Hilfiger on me. Lets go.

This bus is a curious beast. It's meant to arrive every 15 minutes, but time after time its just under 20. I must always be waiting for one the second after another bus has left! Life.


Lads at the back are having the chats, from the recent champions league results, FIFA, the Irish army and politics of all things "How did they elect George Bush?"
You really do see all of Dublin society on a long bus ride. From the hard workers, to the dole scroungers, to the middle class and finally the economic 1%. A nice view of Dublin Bay at times too, though a DART would better serve this purpose.

I can sense future technology on this bus. Wi-fi, a digital ticker, an LCD screen, wheelchair ramps and more cameras than necessary are all on this bus. I do not necessarily like it, but I will likely get used to it as the fleet improves over the next few years.

The walk from the bus stop to my friends house was interesting. GardaĆ­ in up to date 13-D cars are on the hunt for someone. It makes me wonder how long I could evade an entire city of police if I was most wanted. Like Tsarnaev, without the civilian bombings. Random gunfire would likely be my fantasy crime, no killing, just distracting.

A trip to indie spice in Sandymount resulted in a great, if quiet time. Everyone else ordered a coke and a Korma, but that's no fun! I ordered vegetable pakoras followed by a chicken achari. Spicy as hell but delicious. Friendly cobra beer inbound as well, but at 7.95 the beverage was pricey, even if larger than usual.





Baileys after was welcome. A little awkward through the meal with just 4 people, with one half being all romantic and with us 2 lads going 'DUHHHH!!!' we joked a lot, but they may not have enjoyed the childish 'humour'.

After stuffing myself to the point of explosion, we headed to Mulligans, but not before stumbling across a french demi-baguette of all things just lying there on the ground...


A pint was owed to me so happy days! though the full stomach meant a fair bit of nursing the pint. More crazed banter and was a cozy night totalling just a group of 5 at the pub. A standard chilling night, and out at 11.40.

With just 11 minutes until the bus arrived at the stop, I had to do a legger to the stop. Set to Assassins Creed, I made it in time. A nitelink was a surprise, but its my ticket home so better pay the price. Apparently the cut-off point for passengers to get on is the U.S embassy so I got lucky.

This bus is not as futuristic as the one on the way in. Pretty conventional, no LCD's, wi-fi or the like, but its fine. Perhaps the nitelinks use the less modern buses in case of the standard nitelink scenarios like drinking, puking and general rowdiness. As a surprise the bus flew past the ghost town of Dun Laoghaire and travelled to Dalkey, before returning on the normal route. The classic rock is a great thing to listen to while seated. A full moon is blacked out by clouds as it travels through the scenic parts of Dublin.

Getting off the bus, the full moon shines through the clouds. I may not be lycanthropic, but maybe its influenced my primal instincts. I have a piss in a nearby bush. A slow walk through the church I wanted to climb earlier in the day. Its a cold but calm ambience.

Back home and in bed. Acid reflux is hitting, must use rennies soon. Chatting to the attractive woman on facebook again, while listening to Sylvester- I need you. I wish I could have a hot night with her in my bed but ah well, manly urges and full moon. Sleep now

end log @ 02.14

No comments:

Post a Comment